Now more than ever people are in need of video editors.
There is a lot more video content being created because of the need to produce digital content to stay relevant in your field. Whether you’re a mom blogger, influencer, or small business owner, you probably have a good amount of footage you have shot or plan to shoot for social media promotional purposes. And you may be wondering, “How do I turn all this footage into something?”
Working in the video industry and being married to a video editor, I often get asked, “How do I find an editor?” My brother, who is an athletic influencer himself, pleaded we write a blog post on this topic.
So here are the best places to find video editors:
BEST SITES TO FIND VIDEO EDITORS
Mandy.com is a site that allows you to post your own professional profile or search for services. Services include Actors, Theatre, TV & Film Professionals, Voiceovers, Dancers, Singers & Musicians.
- Clicking the link above will bring you directly to the crew search. But if you are on the homepage, click > SEARCH and you will be brought to this screen, then select “FILM & CREW.”
2. Then you will be brought to this screen:
Type in ‘Video Editor’ in the keyword search. Depending on whether you want to meet the editor in person or not, you may not need to limit your search based on a city necessarily. There are a lot of ways you can digitally transfer your files to them.
3. You will then be brought to a selection of editors. You can view their work, resumes and bios and contact them directly from the site. Best of all it’s FREE!!
Thumbtack is an online service that matches customers with local professionals. Thumbtack lists services in categories such as home, wellness, events, and lessons. .
- You will need to type in video editor in their search on their homepage.
2. You will then be brought to this screen where you can narrow down what kind of video editor you need.
3. Then you will be asked more detailed questions such as your budget and project details. Once you fill out the questionnaire, your request will be sent out to their editors. The editors will then contact you directly. Thumbtack never shares your personal e-mail, the correspondence is done through the site.
I love this site because I can list my budget in my options and only the editors that are okay with my price will get back to me
Upwork defines their online company as a global freelancing platform where businesses and independent professionals connect and collaborate remotely.
- You will be brought to this screen, where you can type “Video Editor” in the Get Started section.
2. You will then be lead through a series of question about your project:
3. Last step is signing up, and you’ll get your quotes!
Join Our Community
We at Royal Piranha created this Facebook group recently – “Content Creators in Need of Video Editors”
If you are content creator you can post your needs, if you are a video editor, you can post your demo reel or any other information. We thought it would be a great way of connecting creators and editors without having to go through a site. Hope this helps!